I’ve been a barbershopper since 1991 and an arranger since 1999. I’ve sung with St. Louis Harmony, Greater Harrisburg, and Vienna-Falls Choruses; I’m currently a Chapter at Large member in Sweet Adelines and a member of the Barbershop Harmony Society. I was a scholarship recipient in the former Sweet Adelines International Music Arrangers Program, and my arrangements have been performed by choruses and quartets all over the world, at both the regional and international levels. I’m active as a mentor for beginning and intermediate arrangers in Sweet Adelines and have written a book on arranging, currently being revised, which will be available for purchase on this site. In my professional life I’m an archivist at Georgetown University Law Center.
About My Arrangements
- Voicing: All songs available in SSAA; TTBB also available for some. Contact me if you would like an SSAA chart transposed for TTBB.
- Contest songs: Look for “contest uptune” or “contest ballad” after the song title
- Pricing-Choruses: For Sheet Music Plus (SMP) and Sheet Music Direct (SMD) titles, chorus pricing is $3.00 per single copy; Hal Leonard will apply a discount. Choruses should order 1 copy for each singer.
- Pricing-Quartets: For SMD/SMP titles, quartet pricing is $18.95 for a set of four copies. Quartets should order a quantity of ONE. The download will contain a set of four copies.
- Song Assessment: Songs with ** after the title are in the Sweet Adelines Song Assessment Database. Sweet Adeline members should review the database for any research notes or additional information about a given song.
My fee for commissioned arrangements is $300US. If the song is in the Hal Leonard ArrangeMe program’s Copyrighted Song List, the song has already received copyright clearance and no further fees will apply. Please note that arrangements of songs in the ArrangeMe Song List cannot be exclusive. Any arrangement of a song in the ArrangeMe list must be made available to all customers.
If the song isn’t in the ArrangeMe catalog, or is a medley (ArrangeMe doesn’t license medleys), or if your group wants exclusivity on the arrangement, you must request a custom license, specific to your group. You are responsible for any clearance fees in addition to my fee for arranging the song. The BHS can facilitate the application for a custom license.
Are you a songwriter with a song you want arranged in 4-part harmony, barbershop style? I’ve worked with many songwriters on original works and I’d be happy to discuss your project.